Ingredients, Always Organic:
- 1 lb. dates
- 2 ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of ground coffee (I used organic)
- 2 cups boiling water
- Chop dates, sprinkle with baking soda and instant coffee, then pour the boiling water over the date mixture and let set for at least 1 hour.
- 2 sticks of butter
- 1 ¾ cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 ½ cups of chopped nuts
- Beat butter and sugar together till light and fluffy, then add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Add vanilla. Then mix in the flour and date mixture. Fold in the nuts.
- Divide the mixture between two 9×5 loaf pans that have been greased and floured. Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes or until done and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool, enjoy plain or with cream cheese or soft sweet goat cheese spread.