- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tablespoons milk
- Whisk until combined and the icing is thick, but pourable. Add more sugar/milk as needed for desired consistency.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, eggs, vanilla, and milk until combined.
- Whisk in the sugar, baking powder, and salt, then stir in the flour until combined. Pour half of the batter into the baking dish.
- Make the streusel by combining the softened butter with the cinnamon, flour, and brown sugar – I use a fork for this. Mix until combined. Sprinkle half of the streusel on top of the cake batter.
- Then spoon on the remaining batter, covering as much of the streusel layer as possible. Next, sprinkle on the remaining streusel.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool, and drizzle with icing (if desired).