SERVES: 6 SERVINGS
- 1 large loaf organic challah, cubed
- 1/4 c. light organic brown sugar
- 1/2 c. granulated organic sugar
- 1 tsp. organic cinnamon
- 1 c. organic heavy cream
- 1 c. organic soy milk
- 6 organic eggs
- 1 tsp. organic vanilla
- 2 tbsp. organic butter
- 4 organic Granny smith apples, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 c. organic caramel sauce, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread challah cubes on a large baking sheet and bake until the bread is toasted, about 10 minutes.
- Whisk together milk, eggs, vanilla, cream, granulated sugar and cinnamon. Soak toasted bread cubes in the milk and egg mixture.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Sauté apples with brown sugar and 1/4 cup caramel until tender and bubbly.
- Mix most of apple pieces into bread-custard mixture. Transfer bread pudding mixture to prepared pan. Arrange remaining apples atop bread pudding. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Drizzle with more caramel sauce.