- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- Serves: 4-6
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to a large bowl and mix well to combine.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs and buttermilk together with a whisk. Very slowly pour in the melted butter, whisking constantly to avoid cooking the eggs.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix gently with a spoon until just moistened. Do not over mix! The batter should still have lumps.
- Heat a griddle or skillet over medium-low heat and add ⅓ cup batter. Cook pancake 2-3 minutes on first side, until edges look slightly dry and bubbles begin to form on top. Flip the pancake and cook another 1-2 minutes. Serve with butter and syrup.
– Jazz up the pancake batter by adding chocolate chips, blueberries, or other fruit.