- Heat oven up to 350°F.
- Cut slices of bread into cubes.
- Bake bread cubes for 10 min until a little crisp.
- In a saucepan, heat the milk, and butter but do not allow to boil.
- To this, add the vanilla, beaten eggs and sugar, when a bit cooled.
- Add the baking powder and blend until smooth.
- In an ovenproof tray, layer the cubes of bread and pour over it the liquid prepared above, until the bread is saturated.
- If desired, sprinkle your choice of nutmeg, cinnamon or raisins.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until it browns.