- 8 bananas
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄3 cup cornflour (cornstarch)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- oil (for deep frying)
- Peel bananas and cut in half.
- Sift flour, cornflour, baking powder and salt into bowl.
- Mix to smooth batter with the milk.
- Beat egg white until soft peaks form, fold lightly into batter.
- Drop banana pieces into batter, then deep fry in hot oil until golden brown.
- Remove and drain on absorbent paper.
- Toss in sugar.
- (frying time is approx) Serve hot with ice cream or whipped cream.
Mothers Secret Recipes of Comfort Food & Culinary Inspiration from an Organic and Allergen-free Approach