Makes 6 Pancakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 9 to 12 slices Bacon, cooked according to package directions
- Butter, to serve
- Maple syrup, to serve
In medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Make well in center. Add buttermilk and egg. Stir until smooth.
- In large, greased non stick pan or griddle, pour ¼ cup batter. Cook 2 minutes or until bubbles appear on top of pancakes.
- Lay 2 to 3 pieces of bacon across pancake; flip. Cook 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving platter. Top with butter and drizzle with maple syrup. Repeat with remaining batter and bacon. Makes about 6 pancakes.
Mothers Secret Recipes of Comfort Food & Culinary Inspiration from an Organic and Allergen-free Approach