Use crescent roll dough to make a fast and delicious apple cinnamon cream cheese danish! It’s seriously so simple to throw together and tastes amazing fresh out of the oven!
- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 large fuji apple, peeled and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tube crescent rolls
- 1 8-oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
for the glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4+ tablespoons heavy cream
- splash vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium low heat. Add in apples, cinnamon and sugar. Stir and cook until tender, 10-15 minutes.
- While apples are cooking, in a small bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla. Set aside.
- Pop open crescent roll dough and unroll, leaving crescents in rectangles. On an ungreased baking sheet, lay the crescent roll rectangles together, lining them up width wise.
- Dough should be almost the entire length of a half sheet pan.Press edges together to even out edges and seal any holes. Cut 1/2 inch diagonal strips up each side of the dough. Carefully spread cream cheese filling down the center of the dough to be about 2-3 inches wide. Top with cooked apples.
- Fold 1/2 inch dough pieces up over filling alternating sides to get a braided pattern. You may have excess dough once you reach the end of the danish, so fold them in as best as you can.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until filling is set and crescent dough is golden in color. Cool at least 20 minutes before removing from baking sheet.
- Once danish has cooled, remove to serving platter. In a small bowl, mix together powdered sugar, vanilla and cream to create icing. You may need to add more cream to get the desired consistency. Drizzle icing over danish.
- Cut into pieces and serve.