- 1 package wonton wrappers
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Baking sheets lined with paper towel, for draining
- Salt (or sugar/cinnamon) for dusting
- Cut wonton squares diagonally or into strips. Heat the oil to 350° in deep skillet or pan. Maintain that temperature throughout the frying process.
- Carefully place wontons in the oil, they will quickly float, turn them and remove when lightly browned. Move quickly, they take less than a minute to fry.
- Remove from oil with a slotted spoon and put on paper towels to drain. If adding salt or seasonings, do so while they are still hot. Repeat.
- This makes a large batch of crisps but they keep well in a large jar. You can also make these a sweet treat by dusting them with cinnamon and sugar instead of salt!
Mothers Secret Recipes of Comfort Food & Culinary Inspiration from an Organic and Allergen-free Approach