- 21.1 oz (600 g) goose liver
- ⅓ cup (70 ml) sweet, dry white wine (muscat, sauternes)
- freshly ground pepper
- fleur de sel
- If you are using frozen liver, defrost it 24 hours before preparation in your fridge.
- Preheat oven to 212F (100C).
- Separate it into two lobes (you will see the natural line for separation, just follow it).
- Cut out all red spots and remove any leftover veins.
- Sprinkle both lobes with freshly ground pepper and salt and place them into ceramic baking pan.
- Cover with wine.
- Place the pan into a larger baking pan filled with water.
- Bake it for 40 minutes.
- After baking, uncover and using your spoon collect the fat that surfaced on top. Save the fat in separate bowl.
- Cover the top of the foie gras with some kind of weight.
- Remove the weight after 30 minutes, but leave covered and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Remove the cover. Pour the fat that you had saved after baking, over the foie gras (you have to melt it before).
- Leave foie gras refrigerated for 48 hours.
- Cut slices and serve.