YIELD 8 rumaki
- 4 slices bacon, halved
- 8 sea scallops
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 toothpicks
- fresh chives (optional)
- Microwave bacon on high for 2-2 1/2 minutes, or until partially cooked but still flexible.
- Top each scallop with some of the onion and ginger.
- Drizzle evenly with lemon juice. Wrap a bacon piece around each scallop, and secure with wooden toothpicks.
- Grill scallops on grill tray 2-3 minutes on each side, or until done.
- Or broil 3 inches from heat for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until bacon is crisp and scallops are cooked.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Garnish with chives, if desired.
Mothers Secret Recipes of Comfort Food & Culinary Inspiration from an Organic and Allergen-free Approach