- 1 8-ounce block tempeh (I use Trader Joe’s organic tempeh)
- 2 tbsp dijon or grain mustard
- 2 tbsp real maple syrup
- 1 tbsp tamari sauce (or soy sauce)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (or extra virgin olive oil)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prep a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Meanwhile, cut the tempeh into 1/2 inch strips and steam for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mustard, maple syrup, and soy sauce. Then, whisk in the extra virgin olive oil until emulsified.
- Add steamed tempeh to the marinade, stir gently till tempeh is evenly coated, and let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Spread tempeh onto prepared baking sheet, laying the pieces on the wide side so they bake evenly. Bake for 10 minutes. Turn tempeh pieces to other side and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Let cool a bit before serving.
Mothers Secret Recipes of Comfort Food & Culinary Inspiration from an Organic and Allergen-free Approach