- Servings : 8
- Ready in : 40 Minutes
- 4 ripe plantains
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup plain flour
- 100ml water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ small onion
- ½ red pepper
- 800ml vegetable oil for frying
- Add the pepper, onion and water in a blender then blend.
- Peel, cut and add the plantains in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the blended plantain mixture in a clean bowl.
- Sieve the flour into the mixture, add baking powder and salt then stir properly.
- Cover the bowl with a wrapping film then allow the dough to stand for 20 minutes.
- Slightly heat up the vegetable oil in a saucepan then use a spoon to scoop small portions into the oil.
- Fry until golden colored externally and properly cooked internally.
- Then scoop out the plantain balls from the oil into a kitchen roll to drain excess oil.
- Allow the krakro to cool down before serving.
Mothers Secret Recipes of Comfort Food & Culinary Inspiration from an Organic and Allergen-free Approach