Hummus Battered Buffalo Cauliflower “Wings” are an awesome way to get that spicy fix you crave!
- 1 head cauliflower, trimmed, florets cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 package Sabra Hummus (I recommend starting with the original, unless you can really take the heat, which in that case, go for the Supremely Spicy Hummus.)
- 1-2 tablespoons water, as needed
- 1 cup Quaker Old Fashioned Oats
- Your favorite buffalo sauce
- Blue cheese dressing, for serving
- Celery sticks, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 450°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss the cauliflower florets with the salt, cumin, coriander, paprika and cayenne pepper. Place the florets on the baking sheet, and roast the florets in the oven for about 7-10 minutes.
- As the cauliflower roasts, thin out the hummus with 1 tablespoon of water, stirring thoroughly. If it still seems too thick, add another tablespoon of water.
- Place the oats into a food processor and process until it becomes oat flour and transfer to a small bowl.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven, then dip the seasoned cauliflower florets into the hummus batter. Transfer to the bowl with the oat flour and lightly coat. Place on the prepared baking sheet and repeat for remaining florets.
- Bake the cauliflower for another 20 minutes or until the cauliflower is golden and with a crisp crust.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a bowl, toss with about 1/4 cup of buffalo sauce, and serve immediately, along with blue cheese dressing and celery sticks.