(makes about 3 cups of healthy tzatziki protein dip)
- 1 500ml tub of 2% plain greek yogurt (I use Liberte) – don’t go 0% fat on this one, not worth it
- 1 cucumber
- 2-3 tsp salt
- 1.5 Tbsp vinegar (white wine vinegar or plain)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint – stems removed
- 2- 3 cloves garlic – pressed with a garlic press, or very finely diced
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper (or a bit less or more depending on your tastes)
- salt to taste
- Shred cucumber with a cheese grater, put it in a bowl and sprinkle on 2-3 tsp of salt and mix. Let it sit for 15 minutes or so so the salt can draw out the water from the cucumbers. Chop the mint and press the garlic.
- Strain the cucumber in a sieve or colander. You might want to pat it dry to make sure there is no excess liquid (it will make your tzatziki separate and because too watery).
- Mix everything up, and check the seasoning. Add more salt and pepper if desired. This healthy tzatziki protein dip is ready to go!
(per 1/4 cup serving healthy tzatziki protein dip)
35 calories 112 mg sodium
4 g protein 48 mg potassium
2.7 g carbs 3% vitamin A
.8 g fat 2% vitamin C
.5 g fiber 4% calcium
1.5 g sugar 1% iron