- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped white onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 hatch chiles, roasted, seeded, and chopped *If using canned, drain extremely well.
- 4-6 Tbsp milk
- 8 oz white American cheese, shredded
- 2 oz Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded
- Heat oil in small sauce pan over medium heat.
- Saute onion until translucent, 3-5 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add chiles and 4 Tbsp milk, stirring until heated.
- Add grated cheese one handful at a time, occasionally stirring between additions to incorporate melted cheese with the milk.
- Add additional milk by the tablespoon, if necessary.
- Salt and pepper to taste, serve warm with chips.
- It will get thicker as it cools but it can easily be thinned with a short trip through the microwave.