SERVES: 2½ cups
Who doesn’t love a gyro drenched in tzatziki sauce? I’ve created a simple, yet authentic tasting, Greek Gyro Dip using Knauss Foods Dried Beef!
- 2 medium sized cucumbers
- kosher salt
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt (I used a 17.6 oz container)
- 2 package of Knauss dried beef (3 oz. packages)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- fresh pepper to taste
- sliced pitas, flatbread or naan (for dipping)
- Peel, seed and dice cucumbers. (To seed cucumbers – cut in half lengthwise and use spoon to scoop out seeds)
- Sprinkle a generous amount of salt over cucumbers and toss.
- Let cucumbers drain for 1-2 hours in a colander over a bowl. Occasionally toss cucumbers around and press with a spatula or spoon to force out liquid. Before using, wrap cucumbers in paper towels and squeeze out any excess liquid.
- In a bowl, combine cucumbers, Greek yogurt, dried beef, garlic, dill and lemon juice. Stir.
- Add a crack or two of fresh pepper.
- Dip can be served immediately, but is best after refrigerating for an hour or two to allow flavors to blend. Serve with fresh pita slices, flatbread or naan.
- Dip can be stored for a day or two in the fridge. If liquid starts to form (from those stubborn cucumbers), blot up with a paper towel & stir dip.