For The Cranberry Dipping Sauce:
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest, from 1/2 an orange
For The Balls:
As seen on: Giada’s Holiday Handbook, Season 2, Episode 4. Thanksgiving Brunch.
- In the bowl of a food processor, puree the cranberry sauce, mayonnaise and orange zest until evenly combined. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat 3 inches of vegetable oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the turkey, stuffing, parmesan cheese, rosemary and one egg. Mix well until the mixture is evenly moistened. Place the flour, remaining 2 eggs and panko bread crumbs in 3 separate shallow bowls. Beat the eggs to break apart until one cohesive color. Using a 1 tablespoon scooper, scoop a ball of the turkey mixture. Press one piece of smoked mozzarella into the middle of the ball and reform the mixture around the cheese.
- Bread the stuffed ball starting with the flour, then egg and lastly the panko. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Fry 4 to 5 or the balls at a time in the hot oil for 2 to 3 minutes or until deep golden brown and hot all the way through.
- Remove from the oil onto a paper towel lined plate and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Serve along side the cranberry mayonnaise for dipping.