Perfectly double-fried french fries smothered in a garlic cheese sauce that can be made in 5 minutes!
- In a large bowl with water, soak the potatoes to remove the excess starch, about 30 minutes and up to 24 hours. Drain well and pat dry to remove excess water.
- Heat peanut oil in a Dutch oven or heavy stock pot to 350 degrees F. Add the potatoes and par cook until light brown, about 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Increase oil temperature to 400 degrees F. Add the potatoes again and cook until golden brown and crispy, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Melt cream cheese in a small saucepan over medium high heat. Whisk in milk, garlic, oil and salt. Stir in the cheese until smooth. If the sauce is too thick, add more milk as needed.
- Serve fries immediately, drizzled with cheese sauce.