- YIELD:Makes 1 large bowl potato chips
- ACTIVE TIME:1 hour
- TOTAL TIME:1 hour
- Drain potatoes. Combine vinegar and 2 quarts water in large saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Add potatoes and cook for three minutes. Drain and spread on paper towel-lined rimmed baking sheet. Allow to dry for five minutes, moving potatoes around to get even drying.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large wok or Dutch oven to 325°F. Add 1/3 of potato slices and cook, stirring and flipping constantly with wire mesh spider or slotted spoon until potatoes release no more bubbles, 10-20 minutes.
- Transfer chips to a large bowl lined with paper towels, sprinkle with salt, and toss to coat (smaller chips may cook faster than large ones and should be removed from the oil as they finish).
- Transfer seasoned chips to a serving bowl and repeat step 2 with remaining 2 batches chips. Serve immediately or allow to cool completely before transferring to zipper-lock bag.