- 2 cups complete just add water pancake mix
- 1 3/4 cups water, add more water if you want a thinner coating
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 cups fresh mixed vegetables, cleaned, dried
- Vegetable oil for frying
- In medium bowl, combine pancake mix and water. Mix well. Place flour on wax or parchment paper. In large saucepan, pour oil to 2 inches deep. Heat oil over high heat.
- To test if the oil is hot enough, place the end of a wooden spoon in the oil, if bubbles form around the spoon it is hot enough to deep fry.
- One at a time, dredge vegetables in flour.
- Dip in pancake batter.
- Carefully place in hot oil. Repeat process until several pieces are in the hot oil, but do not overcrowd the pan. Fry until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel. Salt to taste. Serve with ranch dressing.
- To add a little or a lot of heat to the batter, add Tabasco sauce it the batter.