- 1 kg – assorted vegetables cut into medium sized pieces
- flour to dust
- oil for frying
- 2 Egg yolks
- 300 ml – iced water
- 225 g – flour
- 1/2 tsp – salt
For Thai Sauce:
- 1 tbsp – oil
- 1 tbsp – fish sauce
- 2 tsp – shredded Garlic
- 1 tsp – chopped Ginger
- 3 chopped Red Chillies
- 1 tbsp – chopped coriander stems
- 4 tsp – Sugar
- 3 tbsp – soya sauce
- 1 Lemon juice
- Combine egg yolks, flour, water and salt. Stir well to make a smooth batter.
- Dust the vegetables with flour before dipping into the batter. Deep fry in oil until crisp and golden.
- For the sauce, heat oil in a pan. Add fish sauce, ginger and chillies.
- Saute until soft. Remove from the heat.
- Add coriander, sugar, and soya sauce and lemon juice.
- Serve the sauce along with battered vegetables