- Cut a slit down each date and remove pit. Fill each date with a slice of pineapple. Wrap each date with a half piece of bacon, and secure with a toothpick.
- Arrange on a cookie sheet with toothpick laying on it’s side, as you will need to flip them while broiling.
- Broil about 8 inches away from flame, for about 4-6 minutes, or until the bacon begins to brown and crisp. Flip over the dates so they cook on the flip side. Broil second side for about 4-6 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer to serving plate.
- Can be served hot or at room temperature.
- *If you use canned pineapple ‘chunks’, slice each chunk in half in order to fit inside date. If you use canned ‘tidbits’, you probably need to use two tidbits per date.
- **You can use turkey, pork, or even veggie bacon. Don’t use a whole strip, as they will wrap to be too thick and not cook thoroughly.