- YIELD: 10+ servings
- PREP TIME: 10 minutes
- COOK TIME: 10 minutes
- 1/2 pound pork sausage
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 4 ounce can chopped green chiles (mild or spicy)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- large round sourdough bread loaf
- Using a serrated knife, cut a deep well in the center of the bread loaf. Cut deep enough that you have a large bread “core” to cut and use for dipping, but make sure the bottom of the loaf is still intact, to use as a vessel to hold the dip. Cut the core into chunks. Set the bread bowl on a platter and arrange the bread chunks around it.
- In a large skillet, brown the pork sausage over medium heat. Use a wooden spoon to break the sausage into small pieces while cooking. Once cooked, add the cream cheese to the skillet and move around the pan until fully melted.
- Once the cream cheese has melted, stir in the sour cream, sharp cheddar, and green chiles in their juices. Allow the mixture to bubble and melt. Then stir until smooth.
- Mix in 1/3 cup of chopped green onions. Pour the hot sausage cheese dip into the bread bowl, then sprinkle the remaining green onions over the top. Serve warm or at room temperature.