- ½ c. hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1½ tbsp. each toasted sesame oil and cider vinegar
- 3 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp. grated peeled fresh ginger
- ½ tsp. Hot pepper sauce
- 2 package chicken wingettes
- Garnish: sesame seeds, sliced scallion
- Whisk all but chicken and garnish in a bowl. Spoon 3 Tbsp into a cup; cover and refrigerate. Use as a finishing glaze.
- Pour remaining mixture into a large ziptop bag; add chicken. Turn to coat pieces. Refrigerate overnight.
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line broiler pan bottom with foil; coat broiler pan rack with nonstick spray. Arrange wingettes on pan rack. Bake 40 to 45 minutes, turning chicken once, until tender.
- Heat broiler. Brush wings with finishing glaze. Broil 6 in. from heat source until crispy and glazed, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a platter. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and scallions.