- Yields: Serves 2-4
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 40 minutes
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 6 Ounces Cream Cheese, softened at room temperature
- 2, 14.5 Ounce Cans Chili (I used trader Joe’s Turkey Chili)
- 1 Cup Shredded Colby Cheese
- 1 Cup Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
- 30-35 Frozen Tater Tots
- Green Onion, diced
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Grease a cast iron skillet with the olive oil.
- Cut the cream cheese into cubes. Gently press the cubes into one flat layer. It doesn’t need to be perfect or cover every inch of the pan.
- Pour the chili on top. Spread out over the cream cheese.
- Top with cheese.
- Next, arrange the tater tots in three tight circles. Keep them close together because they will move while baking. Gently press them into the chili so half is sticking out still.
- Bake int he oven for 30-35 minutes until tots are golden and cheese is melted.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving. Top with chopped green onion and then serve.
Mothers Secret Recipes of Comfort Food & Culinary Inspiration from an Organic and Allergen-free Approach