- french fries, the more the merrier
- 5-7 oz cheese curds
for mushroom gravy
- Nothing special about french fries. Just make some the way you want them, wedges work too.
- Add oil to a pan and heat over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add sage, salt, mushrooms and sauté until mushrooms are browned or however you like them.
- Add wine and cook until it almost evaporates. Stir in chicken stock and simmer until reduced to two cups, 10-15 minutes.
- Combine flour and a couple of tablespoons of cooked stock and stir until becomes smooth. Add the flour mixture to pan; return to boil then reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes until lightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and pepper.
- Place the french fries in a plate of your choice and top with cheese curds. Pour hot mushroom gravy over the cheese and serve.