- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature (see notes)
- ½ cup sour cream or greek yogurt
- ¼ cup half and half
- 8 ounces jumbo lump crab meat (canned or imitation will also work)
- ½ bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar, muenster, or Monterey jack cheese
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350ºF. Lightly spray a small cast iron skillet or a small casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or using a hand mixer) beat together the cream cheese, sour cream, and half and half until the cheese is light and airy, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the crab meat, half the scallions, sugar, sesame oil, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, and a pinch of salt and fold using a rubber spatula until combined.
- Transfer the dip into the prepared baking dish and spread evenly. Top with the shredded cheese and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese melts and is hot and bubbly. Top with the remaining sliced scallions and serve while it’s still warm with pita chips, fried wonton chips, or tortilla chips!
Leftover dip can be kept in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
- Light cream cheese will work for this recipe but I do not suggest using fat-free cream cheese.