- 1 pound All Natural Breakfast Sausage
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese or goat cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 30 large fresh mushrooms (about 1-1/2 pounds), stems removed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, cook sausage, onion and garlic over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink and onion is tender, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain.
- Add cream cheese and Parmesan cheese; cook and stir until melted. Stir in bread crumbs, basil and parsley.
- Meanwhile, place mushroom caps in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan, stem side up. Brush with butter.
- Spoon sausage mixture into mushroom caps. Bake, uncovered, 12-15 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Mothers Secret Recipes of Comfort Food & Culinary Inspiration from an Organic and Allergen-free Approach