- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoon ketchup
- 3/4 lb beef tenderloin cut into 12 large bite size pieces
- 1 small red pepper cored seeded and cut into 12 long strips
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole water chestnuts
- 6 slices uncooked hardwood smoked bacon sliced in half
- 6 green onions trimmed & cut in half
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cover large baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. I use olive oil.
- Combine soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, ginger, garlic powder, water, honey and ketchup in small saucepan. Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Wrap one piece of red pepper, one water chestnut and one piece of beef with half slice of bacon. Secure with toothpick. Repeat until all are wrapped.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake ten minutes. Remove from oven, gently turn and baste with soy/ginger marinade. Place back in oven for 8-10 minutes. Remove and baste. Repeat until bacon is good and crispy; approximately 30 minutes.
For added crispiness you can turn on the broiler the last minute of cooking but broilers are unpredictable to keep a close eye on them.