- 1 lb Bacon, lean
- 2 (8 oz.) cans Water chestnuts
- 1 cup Ketchup
- 1/4 cup Kikkoman traditionally brewed soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cups Brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Soak water chestnuts in Kikkoman soy sauce for 15 minutes, stirring a few times to make sure they are fully coated.
- Remove water chestnuts from soy sauce.
- Wrap 1/2 strip of bacon around each; secure with toothpicks.
- Reserve soy sauce.
- Place chestnuts toothpick side up in a 7” x 11” glass baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 to 35 minutes or until desired crispness.
- Remove chestnuts from dish and drain grease. Replace chestnuts in the same dish.
- Meanwhile, add ketchup and brown sugar to reserved soy sauce, stir well to combine.
- Pour sauce evenly over the chestnuts to coat.
- Bake chestnuts an additional 20 to 30 minutes.
Initial bake time really depends on how you enjoy your bacon. Keep an eye on it and bake a little longer if you want it crispier!