- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- Serves: 12
- 1 pound fresh okra
- ½ cup cooked shrimp, chopped
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- ½ teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 pound Farmland bacon
- Preheat oven to 425º F.
- Mix the shrimp, cheeses and cajun seasoning in a small bowl and set aside.
- Carefully cut each okra lengthwise down one side creating a pocket (do not cut through to the opposite side).
- Gently spread the pocket and stuff with the shrimp/cheese mixture – mounding on top of the okra.
- Cut the Farmland bacon package in half.
- Wrap each stuffed okra with a half strip of Farmland bacon – covering the filling and then place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a 425º F oven for 20 – 25 minutes until the bacon is browned and cooked.
- Don’t use thick sliced bacon as you will need to stretch the bacon to cover the okra. The thick cut bacon is not as easy to stretch at the classic cut bacon!